Habits of Mind:
Habits of Mind:
- Persistence: Do you stick to the task at hand and follow through, are you able to remain focused? Honestly, it depends on the day but when I’m able to remain focus on my task, I usually get a lot done. I’m trying to push myself and on focusing more.
- Manage impulsiveness: Do you think before speaking or questioning, do you take time to consider your options when you approach challenges? No usually. I take things head on and when I mess up I take a few steps back and think about and fix it.
- Flexible Thinking: Are you able to change perspective; Do you consider the input of others; Do you generate alternatives and consider the options you have? Yes I actually do this a lot more than I should.
- Strive for Accuracy: Checking for errors is important. Do you do this before requesting help? Do you have the desire to be precise; are you committed and do you strive for quality? I ask for much help in this class because I know what I’m doing, but if I do find an error I go back until it fixed and looks good.
- As you reflect on this trimesters work, which of the Habits of Mind (listed and defined above) were you most aware of in your own learnings? See above!
Metacognition is self-awareness of your thoughts, feelings, intentions and actions.
What metacognitive strategies did you use to monitor your performance and task completion this trimester? intentions of getting my work done
- Referring to the bulleted list above, which Habit of Mind will you focus on as you begin your next project? I will push myself to focus more
Will you practice it in another course? Probably not. In college maybe I’m not sure what I want to do yet, but it could help me in my future
- As you think about your future, how might these Habits of Mind be used as a guide in your life? It help me pursue my dreams that want to come true.
- Do you embrace creating, imagining, and innovating? Do you regularly propose new ideas and strive for originality? Explain I want to make something amazing without a tutorial and make people say wow Nieko made that, how did you do that?